I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Monday, April 2, 2012

The Beginning

26Matthew 26:1-25
Matthew 26:1-25 (New International Version)


The Plot Against Jesus
26:2-5pp -- Mk 14:1,2; Lk 22:1,2
1 When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples, 2 "As you know, the Passover is two days away--and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified." 3 Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas, 4 and they plotted to arrest Jesus in some sly way and kill him. 5 "But not during the Feast," they said, "or there may be a riot among the people."
Jesus Anointed at Bethany
26:6-13pp -- Mk 14:3-9 26:6-13Ref -- Lk 7:37,38; Jn 12:1-8
6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. 8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9 "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor." 10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."
Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus
26:14-16pp -- Mk 14:10,11; Lk 22:3-6
14 Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--went to the chief priests 15 and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins. 16 From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy,

So often we read these accounts and say "How could he have done that! I NEVER WOULD!"
This was in a bible study today:

What happened to Judas could happen to me. What he did, I could do. If I think otherwise, then I have missed the point of this story. Judas is a lot like us and we’re a lot like him. In fact, the more religious we are, the more like Judas we are. After all, you can’t get much more religious than being an apostle. He was as “in” as any person could ever be.

And yet he betrayed the Lord.

Is Judas alive today? No, but his spirit still lives. It lives in all those who play the religious game. It lives in those who come to church for what they can get out of it. It lives in all those who are pretending a commitment to Jesus Christ that isn’t real in their hearts. It lives in all those who just go through the Christian motions. It lives in those who come to church, give their money, follow the rules and yet don’t love the Lord Jesus.



Daddy, The scriptures you have brought to us today...take me back to my knees...would I humble myself to wash the feet of Jesus?
Have I been guilty of 'being religous'?
I have said often in the past few years...We need to EAT, SLEEP and BREATH the WORD! If not we could get caught off guard and sell out for 30 pieces of silver.

I love you so much Daddy....Thanks for the way you seek GODS heart and share with all of us.
Dee

Anonymous said...

You bring us truth.
Thank you.