I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Monday, March 12, 2012

Context

Have you ever been mentally challenged to understand
the Word of God? Some scriptures appear to contradict other scripture passages. This confusion can cause some to get a wrong message when not quoted in context. We need not look far to find evidence of whole congregations that preach incomplete messages from the Word of God.

One example of incomplete quotes from the Word that has caused many to "split" is the seeming disagreement between Paul and James concerning the role of works in God's plan of salvation. The importance of Faith and Works.

The often quote scripture Eph. 2:8-9 " For by Grace are you saved through Faith and that not of yourselves: it is the Gift of God" This passage is absolutely true but begs the question of why are we saved? The rest of that passage tells us, clearly and distinctly. Eph. 2-10 For we are His workmanship in Christ unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk them."

James 2 says"What good is it dear brother and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing and you say"Good-bye and have a good day, stay warm and eat well'--but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

Now someone may argue,'Some people have faith; others have good deeds,'But I say, 'How can you show me your faith if you don't have deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.

You say you have faith, for you believe there is One God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can't you see that Faith without good deeds is useless?"

Look at the confusion that is caused by quoting scripture out of context! Verse ten of Eph 2 clearly tells us how we are to live out the gift of faith while at the same time telling us in vs 8 and 9 that saving faith is a GIFT of GOD, NOT OF WORKS. AND, our Faith is manifested in our works, i.e. following Jesus. James and Paul are saying the same thing. Paul states the way to God and James expounds on the details of the way God wants us to live out that faith

Please Go to your Bible and continue reading the rest of Ephesians 2 and be blessed by the works of Saints that went before us. Many, today, are living out their faith and many are being blessed by those Good Deeds that also, simultaneously lead the lost to God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad,

When I was newly saved I recall asking mom the question about Faith and Works, And she said to me "Dee, I love your Father, and I know he loves me.Because I love him, I do all these special things around the house. I do NOT do them to get him to love me, I do these works because I love him".
That living example helped me to understand in a very elementary way what James and Paul were saying.
Paul emphasizes that we are saved through faith apart from works; James emphasizes that the faith that really saves us is a faith that does works.

Faith and Works,they provide us a well-rounded New Testament teaching on faith alone as that which saves us to a life that is characterized by good works in living worship unto the Lord.

Thank you Dad for helping me to get back on my knees and check my own heart.
All my love,
Dee

Anonymous said...

This is a tremendous exhortation on Faith and Works!

Anonymous said...

Great word!
David

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me evaluate myself and knowing that just having faith isn't enough, people are lost and God puts certain people in each of our lives to minister to. And we can't let God down by thinking that if we pray hard enough they'll be fine, it takes action!
Love you Granddad

-Jessica