I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Monday, March 5, 2012

Power

In the preceding message we were reminded to give praise to the Lord our God, never forgetting His love for the whole world. Genuine praise and worship of God returns to us peace and Joy!

38 years ago our Lord gave me a revelation of the POWER of Praise and worship. Each Wednesday night we had a prayer meeting in a small church building in Newark Delaware. The Lord allowed me to lead those meetings. We had a semi structured agenda that began with 30 or so minutes of Praise and Worship followed by a 30 minute "sermon". Testimonies by the faithful were invited and then a call to those in attendance to come forth for individual prayer and or salvation.

I tell you this as a preface to the Power of Praise. Without fail, every Wednesday found me a target of Satan to discourage me from going forward with the Service. Without exception, I would enter that church feeling lowly from the challenges of the day and the news in the world. Then without exception, within the first few minutes of the proceedings I was transformed from gloom to Joy. This was a weekly experience that kept me filled with joy for the week ahead. I experienced, first hand, the POWER of Praise.

"How joyful are those who fear the Lord--all who follow His ways." "That is the Lord's blessing for those who fear Him." Psalm 127 1,4.

There is a children's song that goes like this "The joy of the Lord is my strength." If you want Joy you have to Praise for it".

The name of Jesus is in itself perfect Praise. When we find ourselves unable to pray, I personally simply pray, JESUS. He is here with me and accepts my praise of His Name and returns that praise with JOY and Peace.

There is great power in His Name; There is awesome Power in corporate worship. When we are in the presence of Father in heaven we will not be alone. We will be giving Him True Worship along with multitudes of Saints who preceded us into His Kingdom. May we always and everywhere Praise His Holy name. Your joy in the Lord can be your way of evangelization. Leading people to Jesus by example is the most effective way to "preach" the gospel.

Let's go, let today be the beginning of CONTINUAL praise of His Holy Name. AMEN?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times when I am overwhelemed with stress, thank you for showing me that praying the name of JESUS is all I have to do when I can not find the words or strength to pray.

Kel said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Dad,
There was that time when I was being constantly verbally abused by a boss...and all I could do was cry and the only energy I had to pray was to tearfully say JESUS, Jesus..
I can testify to those who are ministered to through this blog..THE NAME of JESUS Is the most powerful prayer you can pray.
HE Heard her cry, he caught my tears and HE RAN to my Rescue.

Love you Dad,
Dee

Anonymous said...

Another great message from you Mr Silankas.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Silanskas,

I am Dianne's friend Sandy. I wanted you to know that I am truly blessed through your blog. Thank you for using this format to minister.
I also want you to know that my family is praying for you.
Your healing will continue.