I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Thursday, February 16, 2012

GPS

Have you ever been on a trip ( local or distant) and found yourself lost? This was before gps. Usually this led to panic or fear until you saw a 7/11 where you could get directions.  Admitting being lost, for many men, is a disgrace, especially for the "macho" guys.  Seeking direction was a sign of weakness because we are leaders and know everything.  Then came gps which is a great help in keeping us safely to our destination.

Well, the original G PS has been available to us for 2,000 years and more.  the gps that most of us are aware of stands for Global Positioning System.  When Jesus was here on earth in the flesh He revealed to us His G P S (God's positioning system.) It begins with full directions to the way to heaven.

"Repent of your sins and turn to God for the Kingdom of Heaven is near"Matthew 4:17.  Whether you are 5 years old or 100 years old the Kingdom of heaven is near.  We are ALL subject to leaving our earthly bodies at ANY time.  Modern communications keep us aware of the certainty of death at any age.

We can give a start to our G P S by seeing the beginning of following the right path. Jesus started His ministry with the same message people heard John the Baptist say."Repent of your sins." The message is the same as when John gave it. Becoming a follower of Christ means turning away from our self-centeredness  and "self" control and turning our life over to Christ's direction and control.
"God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs" Matthew 5:3
What peace and joy we receive when we KNOW Christ and follow His directions.  "AMEN"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddy,
Love, Love, Love this word today!

here are a few of the Garvis' GPS verses.
"God will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go. He will guide me with His eye." (Psalm 32:8)
"I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I acknowledge Him and He directs my paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

My steps are ordered by the Lord. (Psalm 37:23)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105)

I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I acknowledge Him and He directs my paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

I shall hear a word behind me, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever I turn to the right or the left. (Isaiah 30:21)


I Love you Daddy,
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this message. Richard, I feel God's anointing on every word!

Larry

Terri said...

Love it! What a short an easy way to Proverbs 3:5-6! God is my GPS!