I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Thursday, August 9, 2012

WANT PEACE?



WANT PEACE

Have you ever been faced with a situation where someone has done you serious harm? Did you experience an initial desire to strike back? The natural reaction might include a deep resentment that can lead to a long lasting grudge that could very well harm yourself. Harboring grudges is always destructive to the well being of the one who is not willing to forgive.

On several occasions during my adult years I have faced such trying times. Before I met and embraced my Savior these occasions caused me to suffer from my dwelling on those hurts. After I received Jesus, the Holy Spirit gave me a defense against my own weakness to repay evil with evil. I first noticed that God had truly entered my life and gave me a spirit of forgiveness that was genuine. My reaction to these attacks was to show genuine love for my “enemies” by treating them with kindness and respect. In the greatest test in my life those “enemies” are now my dear friends. I did nothing more than to treat them with respect and a friendly attitude. I take no credit for this because that was not my nature, it was a gift of grace from God through the Holy Spirit.

Later as I studied the Word, I discovered a passage of scripture that goes like this; “ If your enemies are hungry, feed them.
If they are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.
Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.” Romans 12:20-21

When we live for Christ we sometimes will be “attacked” by some who simply do not understand our good intentions, then they “attack” us in many ways because of our Faith. We must rejoice in that type of suffering for it is foretold by Jesus that this would happen. When Jesus said the we must take up our CROSS and follow Him, He wasn’t
referring to sickness and disease but rather the suffering that we would suffer for following Him.

May we then be glad when we are taken to task for doing good and LOVE OUR ENEMIES. In this way we are obeying Jesus. In this way some will be led to follow Jesus by our love them and sharing Jesus by example.

Just this past week I had a casual conversation  with two dedicated, genuine  Cristians
who I know are loving people and are good witnesses for our Lord Jesus.   Yet what came from their mouths   was "shocking"  to me in a very real sense.  They both spoke of several issues in their lives that led to grudges. Wow, what a waste of God's good grace.  Grudges are a great impediment to our enjoying good health of mind, spirit and body.  Resentments physically harm the non forgiving person.  Some even develop  mental stress that is proven to a a precursor to many illnesses and diseases the can even kill a person. Do we want that? I am sure you are thinking a resounding NO!  The CURE for all of this is FORGIVENESS.  Do not just work on it.  Your are in the possession; God's GRACE. We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us.

Our Father, "and forgive us our sins as we forgive others."  This prayer is asking God to NOT FORGIVE US IF WE ARE UNFORGIVING.  BE CAREFUL, DO NOT IGNORE AND WASTE GOD'S GRACIOUS GIFT OF FAITH.  F O R G I V E AND BE TRULY HAPPY AND HEALTHY OF MIND, SPIRIT, AND BODY. LET US FORGIVE AND BE HAPPY.

13 comments:

Kel said...

"F O R G I V E AND BE TRULY HAPPY AND HEALTHY OF MIND, SPIRIT, AND BODY. LET US FORGIVE AND BE HAPPY."

These are wise words. Our grudges fill us with negativity and cause harm to ourselves and others.

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE!
I DON'T KNOW ANYONE< WHO WOULD NOT
WELCOMEAND HAPPINESS>>
I ALSO KNOW A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ALLMIGHTY GOD<> CAN GIVE YOU THAT HAPPINESS!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER! PEACE!AND HAPPINESS!!AND LOVE!...JOHNNY THUNDER.

Anonymous said...

I have experienced what unforgivness can do first hand, of as believers we give the deceiver a crack in the door he will take a foot hold. We should never repay evil for evil. Vengeance is mine says the Lord. So place unforgivness at his feet and lets be obedient to the word and forgive and enjoy the blessings and grace of our savior. My dad had to say repay evil with kindness it keeps them guessing what your up to! Thanks for the message Uncle Richard, your a great inspiration!!! Love ya. Kim

Sandi Burchfield, MS. IMT-1129 said...

Bro Richard,
How true your words are. Grace was given to us freely and we should never play God and take away Grace from others. Unforgiveness does so much damage to our daily life, our spiritual walk, and how we relate to others in the future.

Thank you for reminding me of this. I work daily with people who are physically & mentally ill due to holding on to resentments that were never meant to take their joy away. God allows things to be said about us or done to us, so that we can grow or use it for His Glory, or to one day use to help support others through their traumas and painful experiences.

Love you Brother, and know that God is working mightily on you!
Mrs. Sandi from Hope Int.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Richard! Powerful blog. It really hits home!

Thanks for your word's of faith!

Brian

Dianne said...

Daddy,

Back when those people were living in our old house, and not paying s the mortgage...that was the time the LORDS PRAYER hit us smack in the center of our heart.
In the midst of that ordeal, we were praying out loud...as we got to 'forgive us as WE FORGIVE'...we stopped and said "Do you realize we are praying for GRACE from the bank ...if we want to receive that Grace we MUST Forgive those who were stealing from us'. Not only did God want us to forgive in our heart, but make actual steps to forgiving them. After we forgave the debt, it was amazing how the bank poured kindness out to us.
Praise the LORD....learning that lesson not only helped us grow in our relationship with Jesus, God blessed us and we didn't lose that house or the one we live in.
CAN you imagine the crop that would have grown if we had not forgiven them? I am sure we would not be living the peaceful and blessed life we are now.

Thank you for sharing this important word.
Love you soooo much,
Dee

Anonymous said...

“He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.”
(Isaiah 40:29, NKJV)

Continue to Look to God for strength!

Carol said...

I believe this passage in Sarah Young's Book..JESUS CALLING..
is very compelling:
Let Me show you My way for you this day. I guide you continually, so you can relax and enjoy My Presence in the present.
Living well is both a discipline and an art. Concentrate on staying close to Me, the Divine Artist. Discipline your thoughts to trust Me as I work My ways in your life. Pray about everything; then, leave the outcomes up to Me. Do not fear My will for through it I accomplish what is best for you. Take a deep breath and dive into the depths of absolute trust in Me. "Underneath are the everlasting arms!"
Psalm 5:2-3; Deuteronomy 33: 27

Anonymous said...

Great blog Richard. Please keep up the good work. God Bless. Kim and Charlotte

marvelyne engel said...

ahhh ~ such a powerful truth! thank you for encouraging us with these beautiful life lessons! you are a gracious inspiration.
love,
mE

http://www.aLittleMisadventure.com

Anonymous said...

thank you for this LIFE giving message. Lord search my heart for unforgiveness... bring any into your light that I might forgive and walk in your peace and wholeness and your protection and provision. Help me to lean not on my own understanding but onto you Lord! Thank you for this message. Many blessings to you,

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the opportunity to study and grow with you. I am learning to forgive those that do wrong against me more and more every day to better my self. It ain't always easy but I thank God for all thr small victorys!

Anonymous said...

Ms Tori asked me to read your latest sermon last week but the link would not work. To my surprise she resent the links yesterday and I had to learn about it from their forgiveness conversation today after choir rehearsal! I rushed right home to read it and im so glad I did it really hit home for me. Thank you