I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Wednesday, July 11, 2012

LEST WE FORGET

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas "; still another, "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

While we are enjoying the benefits of forgiving and showing love to our enemies, we must not forget to love our brothers and sisters in Christ.  Too many our our brethren are at odds overs points of individual doctrines.  It is taught to us By Jesus to stop giving our allegiance to divided “churches” and remember that the Gospel must be preached.  Not the gospel of some denomination , but the Doctrine of Jesus and His Gospel.  Let us remember to make peace with our “divided” brethren and when needed to forgive and embrace them.

Remember what Jesus said,  "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas "; still another, "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take forgiveness to the church! Something I need to work on. You are so right, I find it easy to forgive a wordly go worker ...I find I give them more grace than I do a brother in Christ.

Anonymous said...

If the division among the brethern among the churches brings us sadness, can you imagine how our Heavenly Father feels?
I personally can't change the church, BUT I can change my attitude and pray it will be an example that will spread.

j

Anonymous said...

Mr. Silanskas,
My 107 year old Granny went to be with the Lord last week. I have a prayer request:
Please Keep my grandmother in prayer she complained of chest pains, we shut in for her all yesterday and last night and today she said she's doing better. She is 86 yrs old and has a history of heart disease, we're all praying her strength as she says goodbye to her Mother for the last time. God is able to do exceedingly above and beyond anything we could ever ask for and im trusting him to take good care of my Grandmother!!! Join us in as we pray her physical and mental strength is more than sufficient to as she lays her Mother to rest.
God Bless,
Tori