I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Monday, January 9, 2012

Intimacy with GOD our Father

As we seek intimacy with our Father we discover that many of us do not really know our God.  I have a favorite scripture that reminds me of just who God is and how He has deigned for us to truly know Him.

The 1st chapter of the Gospel of John clearly declares the person of the Father and the Son.Please notice that I wrote person in the singular.  "In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God, He was in the beginning with God and the WORD WAS GOD.  Through Him all things were made and without Him nothing was made that was made"  "The WORD was made FLESH and DWELT among us"

Jesus and the Father are ONE. to know Jesus is to know our Father.  A systematic study of the words of Jesus in the new Testament are the words of our Father. God reveals Himself and His desire for us through the teachings of Jesus.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son"  Jesus is God incarnate.  He came to live on this earth for us so that we would know Him and worship Him and share Him with all who will listen.  Just think, He left His place in Heaven to show us how much He loves us and wants us to be with Him for all eternity.  How can we ignore such a deep love?
He took upon Himself the sins of the whole world, and offers to us without any effort on our part, complete forgiveness and cleansing.  When we BELIEVE on Jesus, that is to obey His teachings, we are pleasing our Father. 
It is good to meditate on the crucified Christ to help us to understand the love of God.  I sometimes gaze at a crucifix and try to imagine the unbearable suffering that HE endured because of my sins. One cannot help but weep when this reality penetrates our soul.  How can we ever repay that kind of love?   We cannot, we can only receive the blessing of His love and FOLLOW HIM.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard, His word opens eyes and hearts and I thank you for speaking HIS word.

Anonymous said...

Mr, Silanskis,
You are gifted at sharing biblical insite in a few POWERFUL words that are life changing.
Thank you for taking time each day to help us understand how to get closer to God.

Dianne said...

Hi Daddy,

Great teaching today. It is because of you dad that I have been able to see GOD as a Loving FATHER.

Love, Dee

Sarah said...

Everyday you have an amazing message to tell not only me but, everyone who reads your blog. Thank you for being my Bible teacher. I look forward to reading your blog every morning.
I love you,Grandad.
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Dear Richard,
Thank you so much for sharing about Jesus on this blog. When I read the words that you write they strengthen and encoruage me. In my busy life, its so nice to be able to take a moment to rest in His presence and read what He is speaking to my brother in Christ! Please keep writing!Paula

Dolores Quilts said...

Enjoy reading your posts! Helps to create a moment for meditation and prayer. Thanks for sharing.

Yuliya said...

Very nice granddad this is very true x)

Anonymous said...

Uncle Richard, John 3:16 is my favorite! Good to read over and over. "Amen, amen, I say to you whoever believes has eternal life." Praying daily for you. Love, Robbi

Anonymous said...

A very encouraging blog. Thank you so much Mr. SIlanskas.