I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To gain eternal joy we must give up our lives

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

When Jesus  called His chosen to follow Him He did not ask them recite some form of prayer, but He always invited them to FOLLOW HIM. The Apostles the tax collectors and countless others were all invited to FOLLOW HIM.  What would happen if we invited those in our lives to follow Jesus?  In the more than 1,900 statements that Jesus gave in the New Testament He calls on us to FOLLOW HIM.

Wouldn't it be a great project to begin now, this year, to STUDY His Word in order to know His commands and then OBEY by putting into practice His teachings!! 

"If you love me, you will obey what I command"; Whoever has my commands and obeys them , he is the one loves me"; and : If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching" (John 14:15,21,23)

Hearing His commands and doing them is the way God wants us to show our love for Him.

When studying His Word, it is important to do so in "bite sized" readings, and asking the Holy Spirit to enlighten us. Sometimes we get caught up in words we are reading that we read too much at one time and lose the message.  I personally read only that which I am truly understanding at the time so that my spirit will absorb the message.  Then I can spend the following time of day in internalizing the teaching.  This is a great way spend our time. even when we are doing the necessary things to care for our earthly obligations.

God so loves us that He even makes following Him a pleasant task, even when we are challenged by the trials of this life. 

8 comments:

Dianne said...

Dad great message today ....I look at Gods word as a love letter from Him to me. I remember when John and I were dating and he'd send me cards, I'd read and re-read them over and over. I'd feel closer to him and got to know him through them.
I look at the bible the same way....and fall deeper in love with how deeply in love with me God is.
Someone said they wish there was a handbook for life....
Well I have discovered in my 38 years of walking with Jesus, that His word is my handbook....every answer I need is there.

Thanks for the treasure of today's blog
I love you
Dee

Anonymous said...

Mr. Silanskas,
I so enjoy reading your entries. I have been wanting to make a comment but have been to embarrassed to do so. You see I took the road to Emmaus and thought I learned. But for me ....I just have disappointed myself and my family. We have 4 children and it seems these last few years I have not been in the right frame of mind with them. Tweenage and Teenage is so difficult. I see you too have a large family and you and the wife seem to have done something right. Perhaps, Mr. Silanskas you could share your handbook with me.
Thank you
Wanting lifes lessons

Dianne said...

your daily blogs are fuel to begin my day.
thank you,
david

Pete Coschignano, AKA Santa Claus said...

Dear Richard,

Your words are an enlighhtenment and encouragement to me. I feel blessed that I am able to read them each day and receive more from God richly and daily. May you continue to be a blessing not only to ole Santa, but each and every life that reads your scripture references for the day. Bless you man!

Richard Silanskas said...

Dear Anonymous, Thanks for your encouraging words. My "handbook" is the Bible. When you read it please ask the Holy Spirit to bring the words you read to life. Begin with the Gospel of John, reading it in small sections so that the truth will penetrate your spirit. Then during the rest of the day dwell on that which was revealed to you. What a great joy will envelope you and help you to cope with daily challenges. Stay in touch.

Richard Silanskas said...

Dear Anonymous, Thanks for your encouraging words. My "handbook" is the Bible. When you read it please ask the Holy Spirit to bring the words you read to life. Begin with the Gospel of John, reading it in small sections so that the truth will penetrate your spirit. Then during the rest of the day dwell on that which was revealed to you. What a great joy will envelope you and help you to cope with daily challenges. Stay in touch.

Jackie said...

The teachings in your blog are such a blessing. Each day I look forward to reading it. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration!

Dianne said...

I am using his writing for my daily devotional. I really enjoy reading your writings.

Janet