I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Take courage--don't be afraid" Matthew 14:27

After Jesus had fed the thousands He instructed his disciples to get in the boat and cross the sea. Then He went to the top of a hill to pray. While He was praying, a fierce storm came and placed the boat and the disciples in danger. The disciples were in jeopardy of losing their lives. Suddenly they saw an image approaching them on the water. Again they were very afraid thinking they were seeing a ghost. They were actually screaming....then they heard the voice of Jesus and they instantly were delivered from fear."Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27

"It is I" The ghost they saw was no ghost it was Jesus. Peace enveloped them when they heard HIS voice. Jesus was close at hand, and peace will replace our fears.

When I was first diagnosed with colon cancer in Oct.2010 it was necessary to spend time in M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for complete diagnosis. This was a 10 day ordeal requiring many procedures including numerous body scans. On day 2 I had to have a C.T Scan, one of many more to come. I have had a lifelong, morbid fear of closed places. When they were ready move me into the "tunnel" I saw a figure standing before me. Jesus knew my fear and without my asking for help He showed Himself to me. I did not see the features of His face but I "saw" Him and then I asked Him to hug me and asked permission to hug Him, He allowed this intimacy. I knew then, for very sure that it was Jesus. His garment was sooo soft and comforting. Then the scanning machine began to "swallow" me up. Instantly, Jesus was out of view but He was standing behind me with His Hands On my shoulders. Needless to say all fear was gone. Folks, I realize that for some who read this testimony this was but a dream however, the perception of others, in no way, alters the facts of the situation.

Since that glorious day I have been free from claustrophobia. This is a miracle. Whenever I am faced with difficult tests or other challenges I see Him and hug Him. He is always there before us. We need only to trust Him. As Peter walked briefly on the water, he considered the storm around him and began to sink. when he thought he would drown he called on our Lord who reached out and pulled him up. If we simply would obey His command to TRUST in Him, without question, all fear will be gone. Think about it, He is always here next to each of us, why would we consider taking our eyes off Him!!

President Roosevelt made a powerful statement when this nation was in danger of being destroyed by fear. The famous words "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"
reminded us that we have control over what we believe. I, choose to believe the promises of our Savior Jesus. What do you believe?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Daddy,

Funny, I've had 51 years of sitting under you as a teacher, mentor and BEST DADDY in the universe...and I anxiously await your Blog entry each day.

During this journey with you,
the Lord clearly spoke this same message to me that you so beautifully blogged today...
We have two choices...look to the storm and drown or KEEP Our eyes on Jesus and HE WILL Save US!

I choose to LOOK to JESUS!!!!!!
Thank you for leading me to Jesus!
I love you,
Dee

Anonymous said...

Dear Dad,

God is great, how Jesus is always there for us to reach out and pull us up. Looking forward to your next blog.

Blessings,
John

Kel said...

That you were able to feel His garment leaves me stunned and amazed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this personal and powerful word.
What do I believe? I also choose to believe ods Word rather than fear.

Anonymous said...

God is love and the more you fill
your life with God, the less fear
you are going to have.

Kim Shelly said...

Richard, it is great how you are back "on the air" with this blog in 2012. Please keep up the good work. Kim Shelly

Santa Claus said...

Dear Richard,

Our inmost fears are wrought from our inherent inability to TRUST as you so gracefully pointed out in your message. Faith is yet another term for the word trust, and I have found over the years that I prefer the term trust as it reminds me of the verbage on our currency that states "IN GOD WE TRUST". Thank you once again for the daily refreshment the Lord brings to each one of us through you, His humble servant.

Ole Santa has spoken.

Anonymous said...

Once again you have brought a powerful message from God. Your daily blog helps me refocus. Thank you for taking time to teach us about God's word.
God bless you and your family.