I'd Love to Hear from YOU...Feedback, Comments, Prayer Requests:


I’d Love to hear from YOU!
Comments-Prayer Requests- Praise Reports!

It’s as easy as 1-2-3

Simply Tag onto the word COMMENT at the bottom of my daily Blog; which will open the Comment Box
.

After you have written in the comment box, Below you will see a spot titled Choose your Identity.
Check the Anonymous Box...this will allow you to send your comment without Registering with google.
Then Simply tag onto the area marked -Publish your comment
Voila! I look forward to hearing from you.







Saturday, January 7, 2012

Peace


27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27

When I first heard the preliminary diagnosis of colon cancer I experienced, for the first time in my life, a peace that truly was beyond my understanding.  It is not possible to describe this freedom from fear that I have been blessed with.  To this very day there is no fear of cancer in my mind or soul.  This is truly a peace that surpasses all understanding.  It does not come from anything doctors or anyone else has said to me.  It came not from my devotion to God it is just here.  It is God's grace that delivers us from fear. His grace is what saves us from eternal damnation. It is His grace that allows us to called His children.  Therefore, since we are saved solely by His Grace we should live our entire lives showing our gratitude for His love that saves all who accept Him through our love for His beloved Son, Jesus.

To love God is to know Him intimately.  This knowledge can only come through our obedience to His 
word that Jesus taught us in His walk with us on earth.  Studying His Word through faithful reading of His Word shows us the way to LOVE GOD OUR FATHER.  Simply reading of the scriptures cannot give us this relationship with our Father but DOING that which Jesus taught us in His Word.  This takes a devotion to Him that is rewarded with more and more Grace that removes all fear.  We are not earning this, since Grace is a Gift from God, rather, it is a result of our obedience.  We may say that we believe in Jesus for salvation but that belief can be only intellectual.  Belief in Jesus, true belief in Jesus, is only real when we follow His teaching.  Love Him, the rewards are awesome.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a blessing to me...

Anonymous said...

Daddy,
It is quite humbling to think that God would even give me a chance.
And as for peace...I can testify since the day of the diagnosis it wad as if the Holy Spirit enveloped me with His cozy comforter! I know now that He truly is always there.
I've learned, I have two choices....
either look at the waves and storm and sink!
OR....keep my eyes on Jesus and He will protect me from drowning!
Doesn't mean there will not be storms...just keep my eyes on Jesus...ahh.peace that truly surpasses all understanding!
Keep teaching so I can keep growing!
Love
Dee Dee

Jackie said...

God's words are so powerful! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing them with us. May God continue to bless you! You certainly are a blessing to all those who know you!